The Woodlands Area, including the cities of Shenandoah and Oak Ridge North, as well as the master-planned community of The Woodlands has enjoyed unprecedented commercial growth in the last several years. The area’s economic base is well diversified with over 4,000 employers, including all sectors, located in the area. These businesses range from owner-operated establishments to global corporate headquarters.
The Woodlands Area is home to a variety of leading companies, including Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Aon Hewitt, CB&I, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, CHI St. Luke’s Health – The Woodlands Hospital, ExxonMobil, Huntsman Corporation, McKesson Specialty Health, Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital and Repsol USA.
Over 5,000 of this master-planned community’s 28,000 acres are dedicated to commercial development, in several distinctly different development areas.
- The Woodlands Town Center offers more than 1,500 acres of office buildings, retail establishments, residential and entertainment facilities.
- The Research Forest features secluded development, separated by natural forest vegetation and ponds, providing tranquil campus-like settings for companies.
- College Park contains the campuses of Lone Star College - Montgomery, Lone Star College - University Center, and Sam Houston State University - The Woodlands Center, large shopping plazas and the Trade Center, a warehousing and distribution Business Park.
- Hughes Landing is a 66-acre mixed-use development that includes Class A office space, high density residential living, a restaurant row and gourmet grocer on a lakeside setting.
- Research Forest Lakeside is a 77-acre corporate campus that includes convenience retail overlooking Lake Woodlands.
City of Shenandoah
The City of Shenandoah is located just north of The Woodlands. With a growing population, the City is undergoing an explosion in commercial and retail development. Shenandoah houses Woodforest Bank Stadium and the Conroe ISD Natatorium. Each of these sporting venues hosts regional and national athletic events.
City of Oak Ridge North
Oak Ridge North, represents a small community atmosphere with a wide variety of nearby entertainment and shopping venues. The Oak Ridge North Commerce Park offers 30 acres of land that is perfect for retail, industrial or office space.
Texas prides itself on its business-friendly tax structure. The state has no personal or corporate income tax.
Click on the button below to download a fact sheet on the state and local tax rates in Montgomery County.